If your Dad isn’t awed by the latest blockbuster releases, picks storylines over special effects and would more likely be found watching Gone With The Wind than Gone in 60 Seconds, try this guide to the perfect movie night recipe for a classic Dad.
1. Buy him the Luckies Smartphone Projector 2.0 – it’s leather look is great for the refined gent who isn’t swayed by fads and fancies, and is bound to fit in with his good taste and classic decor.
2. Next set to making some good old-fashioned grub. Use the Pulke herb infuser to make a classic slow cooked vegetable stew, designed for the father who appreciates the finer tastes in life. First, fill your Pulke with garlic, thyme, basil and parsley for some intense flavours, then set about making your stew.
1 small onion, roughly chopped
2 chicken breasts, cubed
3 potatoes, sliced
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 litre of vegetable stock
3 celery sticks, sliced
3 carrots, sliced
1/2 pound chopped mushrooms
3. Add some oil to a non stick saucepan and add the chopped onion, fry for a few minutes until softened. Add the chicken, some salt and pepper then cook until browned on the outside – about 5 minutes or so.
4. Next add all the remaining ingredients into a pot, including the herb filled Pulke and bring to the boil. Simmer for 30 minutes, and taste every 10 minutes – just remove the Pukle herb infuser when your flavour hits the optimum level. A super easy dish that will definitely impress a classy Dad!
5. Finish the night off with a nice cup of tea, popping some loose tea leaves in Tea Sub, a nostalgic yellow submarine infuser for up to five minutes for the best result. Not only does it make a cracking cuppa, but it’s guaranteed to invoke a bit of chat about how music was just better back in the day. Although you might regret it when your Pa is still whistling Yellow Submarine three days later…